- Smallest, most affordable Reference Series floorstander
- Fills small to medium rooms with powerful, lifelike performances
- Equally impressive with music and movies
- Highly efficient design produces more output using less energy
- Accurate, non-fatiguing sound provides hours of listening pleasure
- Plays louder with less distortion than the competition
- Enhanced 1" titanium horn-loaded tweeter, dual high-output 4.5" woofers
- Dimensions: 34" H x 6.8" W x 10" D
- Beautiful wood-grain vinyl veneer cabinet
Even though the RF-42 II is the smallest, most affordable tower speaker in the Reference Series, it still handles today's demanding music and movie soundtracks with ease. In fact, its specifications are almost identical to the larger Reference models.
The RF-42 II is complete with our proprietary Tractrix® Horn technology which produces a unique combination of precision, clarity and effortless power. Finished in a beautiful black ash woodgrain vinyl veneer, the RF-42 II is guaranteed to complement any d`cor.
New and Improved
Now in its fifth generation, Reference II speakers have even more content and superior sound quality for you to enjoy. You'll find re-engineered drivers throughout combined with a new crossover system that will capture your complete attention and excite your emotions. Improved cosmetics, including black metallic finished baffles, cerametallic woofers, new logos and feet, redefine the look of “big sound" throughout the line.
Four Laws of the Klipsch Universe
Beginning in 1946, company founder, Paul W. Klipsch believed four principles to be the foundation for great sound. Together, these four design principles-high efficiency with low distortion, controlled directivity, flat frequency response, and wide dynamic range-have and always will be the foundation for our stunningly powerful and precise sound.
Tips and Tricks
For helpful tips and additional speaker information visit our online FAQs .
- Every Reference speaker utilizes our Tractrix® Horn technology for lifelike sound, more output using less energy, improved reliability, reduced distortion and a large soundstage with well-defined imaging.
- Our light, yet rigid Cerametallic woofer cones feature specially treated aluminum to help better dampen and prevent distortion.
- Titanium tweeter with linear travel suspension-trickle-down technology from our flagship Palladium Series-provides an open, natural sound, making you feel as if you're in the studio with the recording artist or on the set of a film.
- Rounded feet offer less protrusion, giving the cabinet a slimmer, more sophisticated look with new copper accents.
||59Hz-24KHz ? 3dB
||75W RMS / 300W Peak
||95dB @ 2.83V / 1m
||8 ohms compatible
|HIGH FREQ CROSSOVER
|HIGH FREQUENCY DRIVERS
||1" (2.54cm) Titanium diaphragm compression driver mated to 90° x 60° square Tractrix® Horn
|LOW FREQUENCY DRIVERS
||Dual 4.5" (11.4cm) Cerametallic cone woofers
||Bass-reflex via rear-firing port
||Dual binding posts / bi-wire / bi-amp
||34.9" (88.7cm) with feet
||9.7" (24.7cm) with grille
||Black Ash woodgrain vinyl
Energy Star Rated:
Delivery is available for appliances, TV's, and Mattresses in our local area. Professional installation of car audio available at Lewiston store. Please contact store for more information.
For all out of State orders, (with exception to Washington State residents within 80 miles of our store), shipping is not available. Please call store for details.
Extended warranties are usually very inexpensive and can save you thousands in the future.
It's simple and inexpensive to purchase extended warranties and one of the smartest ways to protect your investment.
can be large, heavy and expensive. You probably don't have the special tools or expertise needed to fix them in a crisis. If you can spare a few thousand dollars without batting an eyelash for new
should they break tomorrow, don't buy a warranty. But if you're like most of us, protect yourself by purchasing inexpensive extended warranties when you buy a new product and save yourself big money in the long run.